Join our foster volunteer program!
Open your heart and home to animals in need.
Our shelter's cat population reaches critical levels throughout the year. We are always looking for Purrfect Pairing foster volunteers to help us manage the ebb and flow of Ottawa's homeless kittens and cats.
Orientations are held at the OHS. We provide food and litter to foster volunteers, as well as any medications, examinations, and prescription diets required.
Complete the PDF, return it via email to sign up today!
Foster Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers with pets must have proof of spay or neuter, and current vaccinations.
- Volunteers must have a separate room to isolate their foster(s).
- Volunteers must have time to care for their foster(s).
- Volunteers must have access to a vehicle.
- Volunteers must attend an orientation before taking an animal home and abide by the foster agreement signed upon joining the program.
Note: foster volunteers are not permitted to adopt their foster(s).
Steps to becoming an OHS foster volunteer:
Please email your completed foster volunteer application [pdf] to the OHS Foster Department at email@example.com.
Volunteers suitable for the program will be contacted and invited to an orientation.
Suitable volunteers must complete a criminal records check before their first foster placement.
For more information please contact our CSR: Foster via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 613-725-3166 ext. 255.